However you define adventure — whether it’s climbing onto the back of a mountain bike, hunting from the top of a tree stand or camping with the family a long way from nowhere — CURT class 1 hitches provide a light-duty towing receiver to help you Bring It. Each is made to fit a specific vehicle, providing easier installation, a better fit and optimal towing capacity. Custom class 1 trailer hitches are available for a variety of smaller vehicle types, including the compact car, crossover, minivan and small SUV. This particular class 1 hitch is designed to be a custom hitch for certain years of the Kia Soul (to verify vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). Tested in accordance with SAE J684, it offers a weight carrying capacity of 2,000 lbs. GTW and 200 lbs. TW. It is equipped with 1-1/4″ receiver tube opening to accept a ball mount shank or other hitch mount. This class 1 hitch also comes with all necessary mounting hardware. With its lightweight design and smaller receiver tube size, a class 1 hitch is especially useful for adding cargo space with a hitch-mounted bike rack or cargo carrier. They can also typically be used to tow small trailers such as a utility trailer, kayak trailer or teardrop camper (never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). Though CURT class 1 trailer hitches are only intended for light-duty towing, we apply the same principles of quality as we do to the rest of our rear mount hitches. Each class 1 hitch is made with hands-on engineering, high-strength steel and precise welding. We use a co-cured finish of liquid Bonderite, inside and out, and durable black powder coat to provide a lasting defense against rust, chips and UV rays.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. With a strong, welded steel build, this class 1 hitch is rated for 2,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 200 lbs. tongue weight (limited to lowest-rated towing component).
- HIGHLY VERSATILE. Add useful, versatile towing options to your vehicle with this class 1 trailer hitch. It provides a standard 1-1/4-inch x 1-1/4-inch receiver hitch, allowing you to tow a small trailer or mount a cargo carrier or bike rack.
- DUAL-COAT FINISH. For industry-leading rust, chip and UV resistance inside and out, this tow hitch is submersed in a liquid Bonderite coating and co-cured with a durable black powder coat finish.
- EASY INSTALLATION. The vehicle-specific design of this class 1 hitch makes trailer hitch installation faster and easier. This hitch is designed to fit select models of the Kia Soul, and it includes all necessary hardware for a complete install.
- TESTED FOR SAFETY. Each CURT class 1 trailer hitch design is thoroughly tested at our Detroit facility, using real vehicles in real-world conditions. Our hitches are tested to SAE J684 specifications to give you confidence and safety on the road ahead.