A CURT front trailer hitch allows you to use the front end of your vehicle for a variety of towing applications. They can be used for mounting a winch, a snow plow, a number of towing accessories and can even be used for some trailering applications. When space is limited, a front trailer hitch is commonly used to hold a cargo carrier, freeing up space inside the vehicle for extra cargo and making the rear mount receiver available to pull a trailer. At the boat ramp, your boat trailer can be hitched up to the front receiver hitch, giving you better control over the trailer as you launch. Some of the other accessories that can be used with a front tow hitch are the CURT winch mount, step pad, license plate holder, spare tire mount, skid shield and tow hooks. All CURT front trailer hitches provide a useful receiver tube to accept a 2″ x 2″ shank, and they are commonly used on trucks, vans and SUVs. This front trailer hitch is rated for 3,500 lbs. GTW and 350 lbs. TW. It also has a straight-line pull rating of 9,000 lbs. It is designed to be a custom trailer hitch for certain years of the Toyota Tacoma (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see application info). It comes with all necessary hardware for a complete installation and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- VERSATILE RECEIVER. Add a useful, dependable hitch receiver to the front end of your vehicle with this front mount receiver hitch. The standard 2-inch receiver enables you to attach a snow plow, cargo carrier, bike rack, tow hook, winch mount or other towing accessory while still being able to tow a trailer.
- RELIABLE STRENGTH. This front hitch provides more than enough towing capacity for a wide variety of accessories. It is rated for 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight and 350 lbs. tongue weight. It is also rated for 9,000 lbs. straight-line pull capacity for recovery towing and winch applications (limited to lowest-rated towing component).
- TESTED BUILD. This front mount hitch is fully tested for your safety at our Detroit engineering facility. We test our front trailer hitch designs according to SAE J684 specifications.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. For superior protection against rust, chipping and UV damage, this front hitch is covered in a dual-layer, co-cured finish. It has a rust-resistant Bonderite that coats the hitch inside and out, as well as a highly durable black powder coat finish for long-lasting dependability.
- EASY INSTALLATION. This front tow hitch is engineered with a vehicle-specific design to fit select models of the Toyota Tacoma. Because of this vehicle-specific design, it installs faster and easier, and it comes will all necessary hardware for a complete installation.