Whatever the next checkpoint is on your adventure — whether it’s getting your bike on the trail before sunrise or making it to the campground before dark — CURT class 2 hitches let you Bring It with confidence. These receiver hitches are made to handle most light-duty towing applications and offer a custom fit for your vehicle. Typically used on full-size cars, crossovers, compact SUVs, minivans or even compact pickup trucks, a CURT class 2 trailer hitch complements the design of smaller vehicles. This particular class 2 hitch is made to be a custom hitch for certain years of the Ford Escape (to verify vehicle compatibility, see application info). It offers a weight carrying capacity of 3,500 lbs. GTW and 350 lbs. TW. Class 2 trailer hitches can typically be used to tow a variety of lightweight trailers, such as a small utility trailer, small fishing boat trailer or popup camper (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component). They are also perfect for adding cargo space to your vehicle with a bike rack or cargo carrier. This class 2 hitch features a 1-1/4″ receiver tube to accept a ball mount shank or other hitch-mounted accessory. For safety, it is tested in accordance with SAE J684. A custom trailer hitch design requires extra care, and as such, CURT class 2 hitches are engineered using real vehicles and hands-on research. We use high-strength steel, robotic welding and rigorous testing to produce hitches that are built to fit your lifestyle. To ensure that each hitch will be a reliable extension of your vehicle, we also finish our hitches in a co-curing of liquid Bonderite and black powder coat, giving them long-lasting rust and wear resistance.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. With a strong, welded steel build, this class 2 hitch package is rated for 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight and 350 lbs. tongue weight (limited to lowest-rated towing component).
- HIGHLY VERSATILE. Add useful, versatile towing options to your vehicle with this class 2 trailer hitch. It provides a standard, square 1-1/4-inch x 1-1/4-inch receiver hitch, allowing you to tow a small trailer or mount a cargo carrier, bike rack or other accessories.
- DUAL-COAT FINISH. For industry-leading rust, chip and UV resistance inside and out, this automotive tow hitch is submersed in a liquid Bonderite coating and co-cured with a durable black powder coat finish.
- EASY INSTALLATION. The vehicle-specific design of this class 2 hitch makes trailer hitch installation faster and easier. This aftermarket hitch kit is designed to factory fit select models of the Ford Escape, and it includes all necessary hardware to be mounted on the frame of the vehicle.
- TESTED FOR SAFETY. Each CURT class 2 trailer hitch design is thoroughly tested at our Detroit facility, using real vehicles in real-world conditions. Our hitches are tested to SAE J684 specifications to give you confidence and safety on the road ahead.