COMP Cams developed the Short Travel Race Hydraulic Roller Lifters using a patent-pending design to maximize the performance of hydraulic roller lifters at higher engine speeds. When performance engines are equipped with hydraulic lifters, high rpm is limited by the incorrect position of the lifter’s internal piston, as the lifter inevitably pumps up. This improper location results in open valves and therefore leads to lost power or sometimes even engine failure. The COMP Cams Short Travel Race Hydraulic Roller Lifters limit that internal movement to a minimum, which cuts down on these issues and allows higher engine rpm. The surface of this newly-designed lifter is REM-finished and oxidized to significantly reduce surface friction, wear and lubrication temperatures. This creates not only a high performance component but an attractive one as well. The patent pending Short Travel Race Hydraulic Roller Lifters are available for GM SBC, LS and BBC engine applications.
- For Small Block Chevy engines with OE flat tappet camshaft
- .005 inches recommended preload
- .842 inches diameter; 152 gram weight; 2.66 inches seat height
- Limits the lifter’s internal piston movement for increased durability & performance at higher rpm
- REM-surfaced and black oxidized to reduce valve train friction, wear and lubrication temperatures