This Rapid Tongs bundle contains five types of tongs that are essential in almost every shop. With a little work (see User’s Guide below for full instructions) you will be up and running with five pairs of tongs!
Rapid Tongs are made out of 5/16″ mild steel, making the tongs lighter and easier to handle when working with smaller stock sizes.
This bundle includes:
1 Rapid Bolt Tongs
1 Rapid Flat Jaw Tongs
1 Rapid Slot Jaw Tongs
1 Rapid V-Bit Tongs
1 Rapid Scroll Tongs
each pair of tongs comes with a rivet and assembly instructions.
– Rapid Bolt Tongs: have an open jaw which makes them ideal for grabbing metal with a bulky end that would get in the way with other styles of tongs. The jaws are 3″ long x 1-3/4″ wide and the reins are 13-1/4″ long.
– Rapid Flat Jaw Tongs: are the most popular and versatile tong available from Ken’s Custom Iron. They are great for almost any project and can be shaped into box jaw, wolf jaw, or v-bit tongs to hold various sizes of metal. The jaws are 1-1/2″ long x 1″ wide and the reins are 11-1/2″ long.
– Rapid Slot Jaw Tongs: the addition of the slot in the jaw of these tongs allows you to grab round, square, or flat iron with the same pair of tongs. The jaws are 1-1/2″ long x 1″ wide and the reins are 11-1/2″ long.
– Rapid V-Bit Tongs: These tongs are made to fit multiple sizes and shapes of material. The “v” gives you a better grip on the material. These tongs are made from 5/16″ thick mild steel. The jaws are 2-1/2″ long x 1″ wide and the reins are 12″ long.
– Rapid Scroll Tongs: are smaller with a tapered jaw that are generally used in scrolling or detail work.Their size also makes them versatile for many other applications. The jaws are 1-5/8″ long and the reins are 6-3/8″ long.
Your purchase supports a small family business! Thank you!
- Five types of DIY tong blanks
- Made from 5/16″ thick mild steel
- Comes with instructions for completion and a rivet for each set
- Fast shipping!